Sponsors and Supporters
Lake Farm Centre is a non-profit organisation that depends on the support of annual sponsors, our own fundraising and supporters to continue with services.
Our main sponsors include companies, service organisations and the local businesses and we list here the most recent sponsors:-
VW -go blue, Bukani Print, adidas, Rotary, Zwartkops Round Table, AMB Holdings, Nedbank, Achilles and other sponsors listed in our annual Charity Run Sponsors Souvenir magazine.
Sponsors of our 2020 Fun Run 5km, 10km & 30 km Big Tree Training Run & MTB The Good 1km (how many laps in 30mins), The Bad 14km and The Ugly 20 km included:, Bukani Print, Die Burger, Coca-Cola, VW Volkswagen, Under Armour, Powerade. If your name is not mentioned we apologise, but never the less, we are thankful for your continued support.
We are greatful for the government Department of Social Services that subsidizes us, but it covers only about 40% of the total running costs.
We are also greatful that The LOTTO grant distribution fund supports us. They allocate funds for specific needs but it is also sporadically and not guaranteed.
Supporters and Volunteer Workers
We run the centre with help of volunteer workers and community organisations who render a variety of services including:-
- service organisation sush as Rotary Clubs that help with projects, fundraising, social sport, etc;
- volunteer workers in our shop;
- volunteer workers in our occupational workshops and farm;
- groups from the Methodist Church, St.John’s Church, Dutch Reformed Church, Salvation Army who visit for weekly church service at the centre;
- students from various faculties of NMMU including PR & Media, Education and Agriculture.
We welcome individuals and groups to help us at Lake Farm Centre and share the privilege of working in such a loving and rewarding atmosphere at our farm village for intellectually and physically challenged adults.